Thursday, June 5, 2008

Some of my flowers.

I thought I'd post some pictures from my garden/flower gardens. This really is my spring/summer hobby. I always feel so peaceful and refreshed after being outside in my flower gardens and my garden.

Up close view of my columbine.

Whiskey barrell full of some of my favorite annuals (just planted a few weeks ago though, it should get much bigger).

Up-close with a daylilly in my lilly of the valley flowerbed.


I actually forget the name of this flower, I bought it for the first time this year. (I did catch an ant walking around on it when I was snapping it's picture though - can you see him walking around?).

This is my actual vegetable garden, not much to look at in a picture, I'm excited though because my seeds just started to poke through the ground. I planted green and wax beans, red beets, honeydew, brussels sprouts, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, zuchinni, yellow squash, green bell peppers, orange bell peppers, red bell peppers, red sweet peppers (the long ones - i don't remember their real name). Also some wildflowers for cutting and some sunflowers.


Close up of a neat geranium that I have this year - never had a speckeld one before.



One of my perennials (can't remember the name).


Close up of one of my hanging baskets.

New perennial to my flowers this year - tag said it's a wall flower. (I never knew that was an actual flower - had to buy it just because of the name).


A flower bed in my back yard where I like to sit in the lawn chairs w/Maggie - so quiet and peaceful.
I'll have to post more pictures later in the season when everything is bigger and more bloomed.









5 comments:

jenn said...

I'm excited to start the photo journal now! But I have to say I am jealous of your garden- I'm in a small rowhome in a city. Not much morethan a postage stamp of green in front of my house, but I love flowers & plants. I could take & looke at photos of the for days!
Love the ant too!

Io said...

Wow! So fantastic! That columbine looks *wicked*!
I'm crazy about this vegetable garden you have! It's like a mini farm!

DC said...

Your garden is gorgeous. The "world's worst dog"? Too stinkin' cute! :)

jeepgirl said...

I am impressed at your beautiful garden/flower pictures. The only thing I can get to grow in my yard is weeds. Everything else gets planted, watered and then turns brown and dies. Hope the "hair repair" goes well!!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

What a beautiful garden! Maybe that plant is called nicotinia? Sorry to hear about the BCP/leg vein issue.